Monday, April 9, 2012

Adam West Batman - Circa 2006



Since I haven't had much time as of late, I figured I'd dip back into the past and update with an oldie...Adam West Batman! The base figure is a DC Direct Superfriends Lex Luthor, modified with epoxy putty, vinyl, and a beautiful fabric that was 'donated' by a fellow named Martin from England. I made this custom in 2006, which scares the crap out of me because that was six years ago! Why am I posting this specific custom now? I caught an episode of Batman '66 a few nights ago, and my wife (who has never seen the show before) was laughing out loud. Of course she was...it was the episode where Batman does the famous Batusi! The past couple of decades have not been kind to this show, but I think its actually quite amazing. Sure, I love the Nolan films, and I appreciate the depth given to the character by the finest creators of modern comics, but Batman '66 reflected the Silver Age comics perfectly, and really was a live-action recreation of Carmine Infantino's artwork. Besides...the Barris Batmobile is fantastic. I'd take an episode of this show before any of the Tim Burton or Joel Schumacher films any day. I still have this custom too...he represents a stylistic departure from my usual work during this very prolific period.

2 comments:

Darklord1967 said...

These is a SERIOUSLY stunning custom Batman Action Figure!

bruce said...

Thanks so much!